Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend Activities

In the spirit of updating this thing more often - I figured I'd give my vision for how the weekend will turn out and see how close I am.

I think it's going to be a good weekend. I'm ready to go to the pool already but I can't because I got a work call a little bit ago and they dropped some work on my plate but I'm waiting for the stupid template before I can start because what I need to do isn't clearly defined. If I don't get it within 45 minutes I'll be banging down doors. Lora lands at about 5:30pm and it's her birthday weekend! I just remembered I need to go to the grocery store to buy some steaks for tonight - doh! She wants to stay in tonight since we haven't seen each other much because of our travel schedules and she went to Raleigh last weekend. I'm going to open a Scott Harvey wine tonight and I'm pretty excited about it - I've heard great things about his wines. Movies, steaks, and wine - sounds good to me.

Saturday is going to be packed with water and drinking it sounds like. We're heading to http://uptheriveroutfitters.com/services.html to go tubing down the Chattahoochee - we did it last year and had a great time. 3 hours of relaxing tubing while drinking copious amounts of beer and lathering on a bottle of sunscreen - 50+ spf of course. After that our neighborhood is doing drinking golf. Each house that is a "hole" hosts a 45min. party with their choice of drink - we've got 6 houses signed up and the last one is hosting the party for the rest of the night. We did this 2 years ago in our neighborhood around Halloween and it was a ton of fun. We hosted last time but aren't this time around. It'll be nice to just enjoy everything instead of having to clean and prepare.

Sunday will be started off with Church and then I'm working in the nursery with Lora - we've got the 3yr olds. Last time I was in there the kids were mainly good minus 2 of them - 1 was just a bully and you could tell his home life was the reason for the way he acted - the other was a "I want my daddy!" screamer that finally wore herself out after 20 minutes of screaming. It's Lora's birthday so we will probably do whatever she wants but I'm kind of hoping that means 5 guys for lunch. She has been dying for a new phone for a long time - pretty much since I've known her. I already bought her a new phone a long time ago but she definitely needs an upgrade. She'll probably get the new Palm Pre - but I'm worried that if it doesn't work out like it should she'll be holding a useless phone. I love the Pre but I'm waiting for HTC's new Touch Pro2 that is coming out in about a month. I can't wait for it.

That's the weekend plan - seems more packed than usual but it's not that much other than Saturday will be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment