It's been a month since I've updated - of course not too much longer after I decided to blog more often I took a job that has kept me much busier than I'd grown accustomed to. It's hard to tell if it's just the honeymoon phase at work or if I'm going to enjoy it this much the entire time. The new job provides an interesting challenge almost each day - there is a growing possibility of some interesting politics that could pose a problem though - maybe more on this at a later date. Overall so far I'm much more fulfilled than I was with my job at IBM - not that I didn't like it there - it just let me get lazy. I actually did a little work this weekend and not because it had to get done but because it was interesting work and I wanted to do it - quite the change.
So time to ramble a bit.
I'm currently on the couch listening to Lora play her guitar - she's gotten pretty good since I bought her a guitar 2 years ago. It helps that she learns to play songs that I recommend most of the time as well - it's a pretty good replacement for her a capella group in college - at least there's less drama =]. I recently borrowed my brother's keyboard and I'm considering learning the piano - hopefully I can garner up a little more motivation.
Late last year I decided to get in shape for the first time in quite a while - it went pretty well too. I lost 20-25lbs. but during the past few months almost all of it has come back. It's time to change that again and hopefully the weight will stay off this time. I've been using my injured ankle as my excuse but it's mostly healed now. A big downside is that due to this whole working thing Lora and I are going to be going to be going to the gym before work - eek!
Woohoo they paved my street hockey court! Well it's not really a street hockey court but I use it as one. It used to be pretty torn up but now it's extremely smooth. The downside is that the lines aren't back yet and the goals are outside the fence and require a few people to get them back in because they won't go through the door and have to go over the fence. I went out and played today until it decided to rain - I was tired anyways though so it worked out well. I definitely remember the days when I was a teenager and I played almost every day for what seems like years and years.
I'm getting Lasik this year. Just as soon as pool season is over I'm going to set it all up and get it done. I'll have to update more on this one later because I don't have a lot of details just yet.
I hate taking this long to update the blog because there is so much more I want to say but I feel if I type too much nobody will read it - argh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment