Busy is the only way to describe my life right now. The good thing though is that it's busy in a fun way. The work hours are long but they rarely feel too long - that largely has to do with basically working with friends for the most part. There are some incredibly intelligent people at my company and I think it's rare that you'll find a sizable group of "we can get it done no matter what it takes" attitudes in the same spot. It impresses me and makes me work harder. As a side note, I think everyone has picked up on me liking the word phrase "I'm excited about ___"
Every once in a while I miss traveling - for some reason whenever I hear the Fray it reminds me of being in NYC and how much fun it was to be in that city for almost a year. The job change was definitely the right thing to do though even though I travel much less - I do see the traveling picking up this year though. For the most part this whole having an office to go into thing is pretty good, but one of the roads I drive on every day is like a damn obstacle course of potholes. I've already had to change out a flat tire and it's jut a matter of time until it's another one.
This past weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night started off with happy hour with what originally was supposed to be just my team at work, but ended up including quite a bit more people. Afterward Lora and I entered what was one small world story after the next. A guy that I worked with up in NYC that I kind of became friends with's (Harmit) girlfriend (Sraddha) grew up with one of my neighbors that I'm friends with. They came down for a birthday party and we went over to hang out with them. While chatting I found out that Sraddha was a Beech grad - the HS I went to in Hendersonville, TN. She even remembered James - my best man's older brother. I texted James to see if he remembered her and he did as well. That's the second Beech grad I've met since I've lived in Atlanta - the only 2 I've ever met since moving from there. Eventually we got tired and stumbled back home.
Saturday was a great lazy day and we really didn't do anything. Soccer was canceled for the 100th time due to rain. Lora had her second sewing class and still hasn't made me anything. I just kind of hung around the house and watched some TV. We went out to Costco for some supplies for the Super Bowl gathering at our house the next day. We watched Avatar before going to bed - it was a good story line but I'm not sure it was worthy of too many awards.
Sunday we went to Church - it was the first in the Battle of the Sexes series. For the most part it was a bunch of stuff that I've heard before but probably only put like 25% of it into practice - like just about every other guy I think. The rest of the day was lounging around and doing some preparing for having people over. I'm pretty sure the hit of the Super Bowl party were the sliders I made, but there was a ton of great food. By the end, I was stuffed. It was a fun gathering of a bunch of friends. James and Melissa even brought over their 3-day old for a little bit and I'm pretty sure the highlight of Lora's night was holding Sam. Lee ended up bringing over some Peach Moonshine that definitely had a hint of Peach and wasn't even that horrible tasting. Nonetheless I had only one glass.


http://picasaweb.google.com/alan.roberts/SuperBowl10#
On a not so exciting note, my dad just got done with basically a week long stint in the hospital. He's back on dialysis which is never fun, but seems to be in good spirits. He had some heart and kidney troubles that appear to be related but they have got him back on track now it sounds like. Keep him in your prayers.
I think that will do for an update. I really need to get a little bit of work done tonight still and this has distracted me for long enough I guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment