Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Keeping it Going

I can't decide whether or not I want to just post interesting links on here or actually write about a particular topic(s).  Maybe it'll start off as a mixture of both.  This might be a great spot to do some reality TV commentary as well.  The only blogs that Lora reads are based around reality TV commentary - maybe there's a market here.

So let's start it off - Lora's sister has requested that I keep a detailed blog of when Lora is pregnant.  She also mentioned that Lora probably shouldn't read it - I'm sure she will however and I'll get yelled at a few times for it heh (it's not you that's yelling - it's the hormones, right).  I like the idea so I'm fairly certain that will happen.  Don't hold your breath on this though - we're planning to waiting a bit still.  Which reminds me - some of our friends the Kings are due any day now - need to check in with them to see what the story is.  I'm sure they don't get asked every single hour of every single day about the due date.  

I started back at work yesterday and for the first time in a long time.  I'm almost fully adjusted to waking up at my normal hour but my body still needs a little bit of work - I'm getting up about an hour or so early still - actually maybe that's a good thing.  A big plus is that things didn't go crazy while I was gone and actually a good amount of progress was made so there weren't many fires to fight when I got back - woohoo.

Part of the day while working I tended to my Popcorn Hour (I really love this device) and put on a few movies throughout the day.  Pride and Glory (the new Colin Farrel and Ed Norton flick) and it was decent although moved somewhat slowly and Body of Lies (the new CIA flick with Dicaprio) and it was just about the same speed as Pride and Glory with a bit more gore.  Overall I'd recommend them only if you get a chance to see them for free.  I caught back up on Top Gear - I only missed one episode whlie overseas - and it was hilarious.  The guys were over in Vietnam riding motorcycles/scooters around and it was definitely one of my favorite episodes (weird that a car show didn't really talk about cars the entire episode though).  

Eventually Lora made it home and we were presented with a dilemna - I didn't go shopping during the day and she didn't on the way home.  We had no food.  Lora volunteered (I say volunteered but I'm not sure she saw it this way) to go to the grocery store if I would just empty the dishwasher.  Done and done - she doesn't even really like it when I go to the grocery store anyways because we leave with a bunch of crap we don't need anyways - grocery stores love me because I'm the idiot impulse buyer that sees a display stand of cookies and picks up a package.  Are we close to Halloween yet?  She arrived back at the house with a whole trunk load of groceries - most notably some Robitussin (since Chris Rock though I'm fairly certain everyone jsut refers to it as Tussin).  We've been sucking this magic cough syrup down since it walked in the door.  We both have the most hellacious coughs known to man right now.  At least I'm at home and people don't have to hear my cough but Lora is at work in the cube farm and I know people are tired of it - hey people at least we're trying.  If this cough doesn't go away soon I'm going to go to the doctor I guess - oh yay.  While we were in London we saw a sign for some medicine mentioning it cured Superbugs - maybe that's what we have any why our US meds are so ineffective - a damn Superbug got us and won't let go.  I'm willing to bet advertisers haven't thought to us the term Superbug in the US yet because if they had I'm sure all of our meds here would cure the infmaous Superbug - probably only the maximum or extra strength versions though.

We closed the day off with some wonderful reality TV - the Bachelor started back and we were somewhat disappointed that none of the girls did anything that embarrassing - unless of course calling the entire cast of competing girls a-holes is embarrassing.  The guy Jason looks awkward in the conversations quite often but if some of these idiots were telling me the crap they told him I'd probably give the same dumb looks if I wasn't able to just vote them off right then and there.  Overall there were some hot women and a few uglies mixed in - I'm not sure who I'm pulling for yet.  Next on was True Beauty - a show based on the idea that conceited hot people typically have very little inner beauty.  The contestants think they are competing in a beauty contest but in fact they judges are judging them on inner beauty.  They are given a competition based around beauty but there is always some hidden element testing their character - usually in some lame way.  The first girl booted was a ghetto black girl and even after watching the videos of how she showed a complete lack of character while on hidden camera she argued that what you were seeing weren't her true colors in fact and stormed off angry.  There are a few downsides to this show - 1 is that a good portion of the contestants really aren't that hot (they think they are a gift to the world though and that's half the battle I guess) and 2 is that the judges aren't even B or C-list celebrities and are basically nobodies.  Their judging also is extremely scripted.

We missed Gossip Girl but I'll catch up on it today.  XOXO.  Another thing to note maybe is that while in the UK I got hooked on Celebrity Big Brother UK version - what a load of C-list washed up celebrities they had - they even got Coolio!  I've already got the next episode downloaded and waiting on the Popcorn Hour to watch.

I'm going to end with one of the most interesting things I've read on the internet in a while - some of you may have already seen this as it's somewhat old (internet-wise at least) but if you haven't it's quite an amazing read - here's someone else's blog to it - I'll also post the link to the site with all of the pictures


This guy took 1 polaroid photo per day from March 31, 1979 through October 25, 1997 - up until the day he died on his 41st birthday.  Afterwards his friends put togther an exhibit of his photos and this is what came of it.


Well that's it for now - I need to develop some sort of signature sign off.  Until I establish one or decide it's a stupid idea.  I'll leave you with nothing.

p.s. I'm not sure how often I'm going to update this - I do believe you can subscribe to the blog and be notified of updates - so far I have 4 watchers!  I do wonder how many people read the trip blog but have no accurate way of knowing unfortunately.  Leave some comments people!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to point out the fact that during the time all of the scripted im mean "reality" TV shows were on there was a pretty damn good football game going on. So on the 8th theres a Natl Chip going on at 7:15 so unless you watch ugly betty csi or my name is ealr sit down drink a damn beer and watch the freakin game you pansy

    ReplyDelete