We're watching game 5 of the Stanley Cup and Lora told me to update the blog so here go. Holy crap it's been 4 months and I basically completely forgot about this thing.
We're less than a week away from the World Cup and I'm definitely getting excited. I watched the USA / Australia friendly game yesterday (started at 8:30am - I had the TV on 20min into the game) that we pretty easily pulled out (although it was definitely not our best played game). We have all of the "stuff" we need to take with us for the most part. The only remaining part is some planning which is harder to do than it should be. This is mostly due to the fact that where we're going is not normally a large tourist destination.
I ordered a cheap plastic Vuvuzela that should arrive on tomorrow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela. I'm not planning to take it with me when we go as I'm hoping to get a better one while over there. Lora's not happy about the whole situation and she's likely to be less happy when I start practicing at home.
I'm not happy that the first game is at 9:30am on Friday. My office isn't too "let's put a soccer game on the TV" friendly. I'm going to try to work from home that day but I'm not too sure about how that conversation with the boss man will go. The first USA game is the next day which is the afternoon after I arrive in Vegas for a friend's bachelor party. I really just hope to be awake in time for it. Assuming I am I plan to find the best spot to watch the game vs. England. That game will likely set the tone for USA's performance during the WC. It's expected that we'll leave the group stage at second but an unexpected victory over England could change the team's course completely.
That's all for now folks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment