We got in the water right at about 11:00am and down for 37 minutes. I hit a max depth of 17.4m and Lora was 16.9m. We followed a guide for this dive and it’s a good thing because even though I remember the map in my head I was basically aimlessly following the entire time. I’m a bit worried about the next dive because we’ll be on our own for directions. Overall the dive was great – built some confidence and hopefully set the stage for 10 more great dives. After watching the video playback it’s pretty clear that I need to make a slight adjustment – I’m pointing higher than I think I am so the object is at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle. The dive housing and red filter were great choices and the colors turned out spectacular. We saw tons of fish and some wonderfully colored coral – it’s a constant state of amazement under water.
After the dive, we dried off and then were greeted with some lunch. Similar to breakfast, lunch and all other meals will be buffet style. It was a mixture of salad, pasta, baked potato, pumpkin soup, and some lunch meat. My seat was stolen while going through the line but found another one although it was much more cramped. After the filling meal, we both reviewed the footage from the first dive and then Lora went to take a nap and I’m typing this up. Next dive in less than an hour and I can’t wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment