Sam gave us the typical run down of the course he had planned for us. This time all of the students were now certified so it was going to be a bit more crowded it seemed. After the brief, Lora and I hurried so we’d be one of the first few in the water in case it was madness down there. It ended up not being bad at all though.
Best dive so far! We were at Gordons – just a few hundred meters from where our last dive was. We went down and never got lost the entire way. We actually had a bit of extra air per the plan so were able to do some additional wandering. We saw a barracuda, some sting rays, and a ton of other cool things which I can’t identify. I’m now starting to see why identification is actually fairly important. We swam through a semi-cave and gained a lot of confidence in controlling buoyancy. We ended up staying down for 43 minutes and ended right at the stairs of the boat. After we dried off there was some cake waiting for us and a little ship shop where Lora bought us each a long sleeve and a t-shirt. The next dive is the night dive and I’m fairly certain we are on our own. We’re both nervous but coming off of a great dive we are much more confident in being able to do it so we’ll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment