Saturday, September 15, 2012

Liveaboard Dive Trip – Dive 11 and Leaving – September 15, 2012


The last dive briefing was very simply – enjoy and go wherever you like (within reason of course – stay on the reef). Lora and I planned a quick route that we ended up not following at all – instead we aimlessly roamed and it was a very relaxing dive. The coral at this site is simply spectacular and we again did an underwater camera exchange. I find when I have the camera that I get focused / enthralled on a particular item and forget to just look around and really enjoy everything.  After our air was up we headed back to the boat and dried off for one last time.

After the dive we scarfed down lunch and hung out on the sun deck for most of the 3 hour boat ride back to Cairns. What a great way to end a fun but tiring trip. Once we got close Sam called us all in to go over the process of getting back to our hotel and settling the bill. He also mentioned that the crew goes out for some drinks afterwards and everyone is welcome – I’m excited about this but Lora’s not – we’ll see what we end up doing.

So a few after thoughts - I’m officially addicted! I loved diving before but it wasn’t until this trip that I can’t wait until our next trip. The Pro Dive crew did a great job and it really was a well-oiled machine. There was background music the entire time and I had to ask whose music we were listening to because it was great the entire time - Sam and Sammy's (dive supervisor and skipper). The food was plentiful and filling, the dives were well planned and explained beforehand, the sites we went to were amazing. The only problem I have is that I have about 4 hours of video footage to edit – that after I’m done will likely end up being less than 10 minutes of highlights (although YouTube lets me upload 15 minutes now so we’ll see).

No comments:

Post a Comment