I wasn’t anticipating this wakeup call at all. It woke me up and I wasn’t a happy camper – 5:45am came way too soon. Lora and I slowly made our way downstairs for some tea before the dive brief. Back upstairs Sam walked us through the lay of the land and it was a fairly basic trip – down to the blocks – 0 degrees – circle a large reef and then head back a slightly different way to check out some turtles. We followed the course pretty close except on the way back we left the reef at a different spot than we should have and ended up about 15 meters off course but not too bad. While going around the reef we came upon a white tip shark and I swam in close for some footage that turned out pretty good. On the way back we saw another white tip as well (could have been the same one possibly) and I went in for some more footage. Right before we were back to the boat we stumbled onto a turtle that was eating and it was time for some extreme closeup shots. I was just a few inches from the turtles mouth as he was chomping down on some coral – as he switched spots I repositioned myself for a better shot and I’m pretty sure once I put it up on my YouTube that National Geographic will be emailing me to buy the rights – not before a little bidding war breaks out with the Discovery Channel though. Well okay, it was a bit shaky but so far I think it was my best footage of the trip.
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVr_LN4Mrw
After the dive we had some beans and sausage for brekky and went back for some more sausage for seconds – Lora got 4 and I only got 3 which is just crazy. After the food was gone, we had about an hour to kill before the next dive which was spent largely on the sun deck just relaxing.

No comments:
Post a Comment